I do speaking engagements, poetry readings/performances, and facilitate a variety of workshops. My passion is giving back what I learn. I love customizing what I offer up to people, organizations, and communities so drop me a line on what you are looking for, possible dates, times, and we can see what we can come up with! My primary focuses are on: Healing & Addiction, Breaking Silence & Creating Healing Spaces, Poetry as a Tool for Social Justice, and Living with Purpose and Passion.
I try to keep this blog updated with new work while simultaneously working on my second book, raising my son, and trying to finish grad school. If you want to support me and keep this going please do!
(Yes that email is a remnant from my teenager years and yes mediocrity does suck)
Some of the Previous & Upcoming Events / Workshops/ Engagements/ Facilitation:
- October 2019: Ottawa International Writers Festival Author Reader/Presenter
- October 2019: Peace River Sisters In Spirit Vigil Speaker
- September 2019: MMIW Gathering Keynote, Merritt BC
- June 2019: Amnesty International Canada Keynote Speaker (poetry performance), Toronto
- March 2019: Spirit Seekers Youth Conference Workshop Presenter, Grande Praire, AB
- December 1st 2018: Panel Presenter & Discussion: https://www.rapereliefshelter.bc.ca/sites/default/files/imce/program%202018.pdf
- November 9th 2018: Treaty 8 Indigenous Spotlight performance
- September 9-12 2018: Words North Literary Festival, Workshop & Performance
- April 24th 2018: Edmonton Poetry Festival, Evening Reading
- April 19th 2018: Keynote @ Walk in Balance Conference, Fort St. John, BC
- May 29th 2017: Rally for the Peace River, 12:15 – 1:00pm, Parliament Hill, Ottawa
- May 28th 2017: Decolonizing 1867, 6:30-8:00pm, Poetry @ Ryerson University: http://activehistory.ca/2017/05/help-needed-decolonize-1867-at-the-cha-attend-participate-join-us/
- May 27th 2017: Poetry Performance at Amnesty International’s Ambassador of Consciousness Awards Ceremony @ Montreal, Canada.
- May 13th 2017: Nobel Women’s Initiative Conference @ Monchengladbach, Germany. Participant, panelist, and poetry performance.
- March 22nd 2017 – Water is Life Round Table @ Emily Carr, Vancouver BC
- March 13th 2017- When We Are Bold @ Camosun College. Victoria BC, hosted by Sierra Club
- February 2017- Paper Hearts Panel & Poetry Event at the University of Calgary
- February 2017 – Rhymes & Rhythm, local spoken word poetry workshop for youth.
- December 2016 – Inspiring Women Among Us Panel Event @ University of Northern British Columbia
- Mending the Circle 2016 – Co-facilitated a workshop series on intergenerational trauma.
- June 2016 – Delivered alumni speech @ NVIT graduation
- Various Dates 2014/15 – Facilitated with the Red Rising Collective on sobriety and identity.