I do speaking engagements, poetry readings/performances, and facilitate a variety of workshops. My passion is giving back what I learn. I love customizing what I offer up to people, organizations, and communities so drop me a line on what you are looking for, possible dates, times, and we can see what we can come up with! My primary focuses are on: Healing & Addiction, Breaking Silence & Creating Healing Spaces, Poetry as a Tool for Social Justice, and Living with Purpose and Passion.
Some of the Previous & Upcoming Events (activist or literary)/ Workshops/ Engagements/ Facilitation:
- December 1st 2018: Panel Presenter & Discussion: https://www.rapereliefshelter.bc.ca/sites/default/files/imce/program%202018.pdf
- November 9th 2018: Treaty 8 Indigenous Spotlight performance
- September 9-12 2018: Words North Literary Festival, Workshop & Performance
- April 24th 2018: Edmonton Poetry Festival, Evening Reading
- April 19th 2018: Keynote @ Walk in Balance Conference, Fort St. John, BC
- May 29th 2017: Rally for the Peace River, 12:15 – 1:00pm, Parliament Hill, Ottawa
- May 28th 2017: Decolonizing 1867, 6:30-8:00pm, Poetry @ Ryerson University: http://activehistory.ca/2017/05/help-needed-decolonize-1867-at-the-cha-attend-participate-join-us/
- May 27th 2017: Poetry Performance at Amnesty International’s Ambassador of Consciousness Awards Ceremony @ Montreal, Canada.
- May 13th 2017: Nobel Women’s Initiative Conference @ Monchengladbach, Germany. Participant, panelist, and poetry performance.
- March 22nd 2017 – Water is Life Round Table @ Emily Carr, Vancouver BC
- March 13th 2017- When We Are Bold @ Camosun College. Victoria BC, hosted by Sierra Club
- February 2017- Paper Hearts Panel & Poetry Event at the University of Calgary
- February 2017 – Rhymes & Rhythm, local spoken word poetry workshop for youth.
- December 2016 – Inspiring Women Among Us Panel Event @ University of Northern British Columbia
- Mending the Circle 2016 – Co-facilitated a workshop series on intergenerational trauma.
- June 2016 – Delivered alumni speech @ NVIT graduation
- Various Dates 2014/15 – Facilitated with the Red Rising Collective on sobriety and identity.